It takes a strong team to keep the canoe going upstream! We're always looking for talented people who have a passion for the web and want to work on helping our sites and apps be successful. The best candidates have a good mix of technical skills and the ability to think freely while participating with our team.
Tipping Canoe campers enjoy the regular tech office perks of beverages and snacks, as well as regular fireside lunches, public transit credits and employee benefits. We keep our team happy, healthy and ready to voyage into the internet unknown.
Think you have what it takes?
If you want to spend your days reworking legacy code, we might have to leave you on shore. Tipping Canoe developers strive to understand and adapt to new web technologies as they arise. Our web applications compete on the global stage and it is our goal to make sure our millions of users are happy.
The core technologies we use are the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack with XSLT templates -- but Gearman, Sphinx, Memcached, Wordpress, jQuery, LESS, Subversion, OAuth, Objective-C, and Java help us stay in calm waters
Do you see the world as a responsive design? Does your work leave others #00ff00 with envy? Feel that the hamburger menu isn't just for lunch-time, material design isn't just for tailors, and cards aren't just for poker?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you will feel at home with Tipping Canoe. We are an incubator working on social commerce projects with an emphasis on creating really useful, easy to use, informative sites for our users. We try to give them the best experience possible, both on the web, and via native mobile applications. To do that, we keep our minds completely open to new ideas, new technology, and new designs.
We have incubated the biggest (and best) social commerce sites in the UK and Germany, and we are looking for a graphic designer to join our team to help us expand to more countries, and continuously improve our current applications.
What's in it for you?
- Any tech equipment/gadgets/software you want
- Flexible working hours
- Awesome team of passionate people to work with
- Great office in the heart of the Exchange District in Winnipeg
- Monthly 'hack' days for learning new technologies and skills
- Opportunity to attend an annual conference
- We also offer a very competitive compensation package, as well as relocation assistance (if required)
- Design degree or equivalent experience, but don't think about titles - we love self-taught people
- Highly talented and switched on to the latest digital visual design trends
- A good problem solver and visual thinker
- Detail oriented and a quick learner who loves a challenge
- A team player who enjoys collaborating
- An interest in designing for digital environments
- Excellent Adobe Suite or equivalent skills - got a passion for sketch.app? we'd love to hear it
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with UI/UX and mobile oriented design
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS and experience with wire framing and rapid-prototyping
- Knowledge of iOS and Android design principles and usage patterns
- Icon design and illustration skills
- Developing wireframes and prototypes to help plan new applications
- Working with an art director and product managers to turn features into beautiful designs for the web and mobile
- Collaborating on branding, design, and style guides for products